Before You Come:
1. Remove all eye makeup and clean your lashes with mild, oil-free, water based cleanser with a lint-free cloth. Do not use make-up remover pads as the tiny fibers attach to your lashes and have to be removed before lash application.
2. Limit your intake of caffeine before you come. Caffeine can cause your eyelashes to flutter making application more difficult resulting in fewer lashes applied.
3. Plan on spending three hours for your full-set Russian Volume lash appointment. You may bring an iPod if you would like, otherwise I will have spa music playing.
4. It may sound silly, but limit your intake of liquids before your appointment, if you must get up during the appointment, it will lower the amount of lashes I can apply as it will take at least 10-15 minutes out of our appointment time since the application preparation will need to be redone. (See the next section.)
What to Expect During Your Appointment:
1. I will apply paper tape to cover your lower eyelashes and you must keep your eyes closed until the completion of your eyelash application.
2. You should not feel any discomfort during the eyelash application, it is very relaxing for most people and you may fall asleep.
3. You should plan on being quiet during the application, talking causes most people to flutter and/or move their eyes making application more difficult.
Aftercare Instructions: The First Day
1. Do not get your lashes wet for 24 hours after eyelash application. Also, do not swim, shower, use a hot tub, steam room or sauna for 48 hours. The adhesive takes a full 48 hours to fully cure.
2. Make sure you do not sleep on your lashes the first night. If you can prop your head so you lashes are not pushed on during your first night’s sleep, your lashes will last much longer.
Aftercare Instructions: General
1. You may not wear mascara on your Russian Volume eyelash extensions as it will close the fans.
2. Never curl your eyelash extensions. Because the extensions come pre-curled, additional curling is not necessary and doing so may shorten the lifespan of the extensions by compromising the adhesive bond.
3. Avoid pulling, picking or twisting your lash extensions. This can cause damage to your natural lashes and lead to premature shedding of your extensions.
4. Use a lash wand to fluff your extensions to reduce tangling and flipping every morning and evening.
5. Return for touch-ups every two to three weeks to keep your lashes looking their best!